encouraging?

Hello dr. Bob.

On feb 26th i had unprotected vaginal intercourse for appr. 1 hour with a girl in Indonesia.The day after i had a brief vaginal intercourse with her.Suddenly i started panicing and asked her to do an hiv test.I did a test as well.Hers came back positive.65 hours after the first intercourse i found pep (efavirenz,combivir) which i took for a month.When back in Holland i got tested after 4,5 weeks since first episode.Test was negative.I haven't had any symptoms after 7,5 weeks either.Do you think this is reassuring?I'm in complete panic and can't handle the situation anymore.Still 6 weeks to go till the 2nd test.

Thanks for your answer.

Your negative 4.5-week test is indeed encouraging, but, as I'm sure you know, not definitive. It's important to remember that not every HIV exposure results in HIV transmission. In fact, the vast majority (thankfully) do not! The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be mitigated by the fact you took PEP. Try not to panic. The odds are in your favor. If you are having difficulty coping with the stress of waiting for your test results, see your doctor. He may give you some anti-anxiety medications to help during this stressful period.

Good luck! I'm quite confident you've learned your lesson well: cover your stump before you hump!

Oral Sex question...Pls Pls answer!! (CUNNILINGUS)
Re: Worried Musician