Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

home accesses test
Apr 24, 2007

Here is my problem. I am a married man who steped out twice and now am in fear of HIV. 3 years ago I made a huge mistake and recived a blow job from a women of unknown status. I took the home accesses test 1 1/2 years later with a negitive result. Last week I had un protected sex with a women who told me she was just tested in Feb and was negitive. She had a fiull spectrum std test and was neg for everything. We are friends so there is no reason for her to lie. Can I whoo-hoo and get on with seeking help? I respect what you do please help and let me know where to send a donation. Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your negative Home Access test taken 1.5 years after your first extramarital "step out" definitively eliminates any chance you acquired HIV from that episode. However, your unprotected adventure last week remains an unknown. She is a friend and told you she tested negative in February, so that is some consolation. However, remember she did have unprotected sex with you, which means she may have had unprotected sex with other partners as well.

The only way to be absolutely certain you did not contract HIV from this experience is to get an HIV test at the three-month mark. Certainly the odds are all in your favor, but without the test results there is no way to conclusively say you are HIV negative.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). The Foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

In return, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your three-month definitive HIV test is negative.

Dr. Bob

Previous
ex catholic priest and extreme oral + small town fu*k fest !!
Next
Please answer, I am trying to get thru this

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.