ex catholic priest and extreme oral + small town fu*k fest !!

I was involved with an ex catholic priest who disclosed to me a month ago that he has been diagnosed positive. I have known this guy for 2 years now and he has performed fellatio on me may be 10 times in all. I am uncirumsized and he deep throated me. It was very intensive deep throating followed by rimming. The last encounter was in Sep 2006 and the last time he tested negative was in 2004 in Rome. I am scared that I might have exposed myself to the virus.

Now here is the worst part...I talked to him about his risky encounters and he named four people that fucked him without a condom. He never engaged in insertive anal sex...he is a complete bottom. One guy tested negative after his diagnosis and he is ruled out. I have kissed and made out with one of the four guys including receptive oral no ejaculation and had protected anal sex with another guy me on the top.

I have never had receptive anal sex in my life and had protected insertive anal 5 times. No breakage.

I continue to stay healthy I am freaking out that I might have been infected. I had a mild case of dermatitis once year and a half ago and a rash on my leg around the same time. I have been reading a lot of posts where they say its 1 in 20000 factor and that has not put my mind at ease because I have been exposed to him multiple times.

I know only a test can give me a definite answer but I am struggling to muster the courage to go get tested. Please let me know at what risk I am at contracting HIV. Can no symptoms mean not likely infected? I am loosing sleep over this matter please help! I need all the good luck karma you can send me and hope for the best. $ 100 donation on its way as soon as I get my tax returns. I promise.

- JJ

Hi J.J.,

Here are the facts about your HIV risk:

1. For insertive anal sex experiences, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break).

2. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive oral sex with a poz partner is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. That you had multiple exposures does not change the risk per exposure.

3. There are no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or getting rimmed.

Consequently, despite your fears, your overall HIV risk is extremely low at best. In general, we should consider that all our sexual partners could be HIV positive and take the appropriate precautions. Because of the extremely low risk of HIV transmission from insertive oral sex, some folks have decided that level of risk is acceptable to them. To others, any degree of risk is unacceptable. You should decide, based on what is known scientifically and what you feel comfortable with, exactly what level of risk you are willing to accept and adhere to that level of safer sex for all partners.

Having said that, at this point, despite the ex-priest's confession, the chances you did not contract HIV remain astronomically in your favor.

I agree you should get an HIV test at the three-month mark to put your fears permanently to rest. My good-luck karma has been sent and I firmly believe your WOO-HOO is waiting for you at the testing center.

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives. On behalf of those lives, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Good luck. Be well!

A question
home accesses test