If possibe answer.....follow up

Dear Dr.

I had asked you a qustion couple of weeks back. The scenario was:

I had been to a massage parlour. Did not involve in any kind of sex. She happen to touch my scrotum using the same hand with which she was finguring her vagina.You adviced me no tests required. I was wondering if I take a PCR test at 30 days will the result be reliable indicator that I am fine......

Thanks and I will donate again.

Exactly what part of "no tests required" are you having difficulty understanding???

I do not recommend PCR testing for routine screening, even when testing is recommended, due to the rate of false-positives, other technical considerations and cost.

In your case, I don't recommend any testing; however, if you insist on wasting your time, energy and money, an HIV antibody test at the three-month mark will give you the "reliable indicator" you desire. It will without question be negative.

I am writing you every day...............Answer if possible Apr 9, 2007

Hello Sir,

I am the same guy you was here asking for your advice and good luck karma for the three month test after a protected sexual encounter. The results were all negative thanks to god and you. I am concerned now about something that happened two weeks back. I was at a msg parlour. I did not do any kind of sex. The lady was naked and she stroked my penis 3-4 times I stopped her denying wat she was doing. She was finguring her vagina while I was mastrubating myself. At the end she caressed my scrotum(balls) from the same hand which she used to fingure her vagina. I have no cuts or sores on my scrotum. I am sure that she touched only my scrotum and not my penis after finguring herself. I need your opinion whether to test for this incident. Sir, I am really shemeful and regretful for wat I have done. But, I know I am responsible for my actions. Please tell me is there any chance of infection by this incident. y I am very unhappy that after going thru all the scary days for three months I did it again. Thanks & I will donate to your noble cause.

Instead of writing to me every day, I really do believe your time would be much better spent reading the wealth of information on this site, in the archives and on the related links related to HIV transmission. You should pay particular attention to how HIV is and is not transmitted. Once again, your fears are completely unwarranted. HIV cannot permeate intact skin of the scrotum or anywhere else for that matter. Masturbation/hand jobs are not considered a risk for HIV transmission.

Once you learn and understand what is and is not safe, sex will become much more enjoyable and less anxiety provoking for you. So get busy and do your homework!

non-drug solutions for HIV
It's hard to believe your statistics!! (HIV STATISTICS)