clinical experience in HIV

Hi Dr Bob, I am wanting to get clinical experience in the medical field specifically working with HIV patients, hows the best way to get involved with that? Also specifically in the San Francisco area do you know of any agencies that you may or may not be affiliated with that would need my help? Thanks Dr Bob...

sincerely, a hopeful future MD

Hello Hopeful Future MD,

I don't know what stage of "future MD" you currently are in. If you are in medical school, you could do a clinical rotation at UCSF, General Hospital or Stanford in the HIV/AIDS clinic or on the inpatient HIV/AIDS service. If you are not in medical school, I'd suggest you contact various AIDS service organizations in San Francisco and inquire about volunteer opportunities that would meet your needs and fulfill your desire to help. Just Google "AIDS service organizations and San Francisco" and an impressive list will pop up.

Good luck. Thanks for getting involved.

Symptoms and Window Research
update on "Pep, ars and testing"