Worried, writing from Saudi. Pls rply.

Dear Dr,

I had sent the question to you in last june (2006) and you replied and your reply was of great comfort for me. In Aug 2006, i got tested and the result came back non reactive for hiv, negative for vdrl & hbsag. Since Feb 2006 I stayed away from my wife until September 2006 and I had relation with her only in September. End of Jan 2007, she got some rashes all over her body which lastd for almost 1 month and then disappeared. This made me worry about hiv again. Now my 10 month old baby is also having some rash (will come in read color, over night red color disappear leaving a small pimple in his face) in his face. Now I am afraid whether I have passed the infection to them. I am also afraid whether the result which i got is false negative / non reactive.

To be honest I am anxious and the fear of HIV is driving me crazy. As on of the user mentioned in this form, every single change in my body makes me feel that i have got that virus.

I am presently in saudi arabia and here I am not in a position to do any more test. Here the rules are very strict and if I need to get the test I have give me Residence Permit. And those tested positive are treated as prisoners and are deported. Please reply saying what you think about my health status.

Thanks. (below is the question i asked before)

Dr, I am really worried now. Feb 20, 2006 was the worst day in my life. That evening I found a sex worker on the street and somehow I got attracted towards her. I didnt have an intercourse with her. But she gave me a hand job. I was not wearing any condoms. After that she gave me a whole body massage. She was not wearing any dress. But while she gave me massage on my back, i was wearing pant. she sat on my back. i dont know whether she sat on my thighs or on the ass. After finishing the massage she was resting on the bed. Suddenly she got up and told me that her monthly period has started. Some blood came out of her vagina that time. Earlier I have give her some kisses on her face and i have also pressed her nipples with my finger. Now my questions are

1) does handjob puts me at risk

2) i pressed her nipples with my fingers. i am not very sure whether i have put my fingers into my nose after that. if at all i have put, is it risky

3) can blood from her vagina pass thru my pants to my anus and cause infection. i am not sure whether it has passed.

4? does kissing on her cheecks put me at risk

Dr, the very next mornig I had throat pain and cold and that night it turned to a light fever. pls note that she was smoking ciggerate in the closed room without any proper ventilation.

After say one month I started feeling ithchhing on my skin and when I scratch there, it turns to small rash. Rash will last for 1 hr and then vanish. now it is more than 2 months after that and still i have some rashes.

Now it is more than 3 month after the exposure and now i dont get any rash.

I am really worried Dr. can you pls adivce me. Appreciate ur help in this matter. And let me know about the payent. if you can post a reply to my email id xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com i will be highly grateful

First I will point out once again that my advice here on The Body is absolutely free and available to all. However, because I receive thousands of questions on a continual basis from around the globe, I can only respond personally to a small percentage of them. I also tend to bypass questions that are similar to ones I've responded to multiple tines in the past, as this information is readily available in the archives. This last point is apropos your questions. Consequently I'll only respond briefly and refer you to the archives if you need additional details, OK?

1. No.

2. No (but I still wouldn't recommend digging those bats out of your caves with your fingers! It's socially unappealing to say the least.).

3. No.

4. No.

Welcome back to the forum, although I'm sorry that after all this time you are still worried about a nonexistent problem! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. You did not transmit HIV to your wife or child, because you do not have HIV. I can't put it any plainer than that!

You very accurately diagnosed your problem when you wrote: "To be honest, I am anxious and the fear of HIV is driving my crazy . . . every single change in my body makes me feel I have got the virus." Anxiety, depression and irrational completely unwarranted HIV fear are your true problems and the issues you'll need to address. I urge you to seek the help of a psychiatrist. Bring a copy of this post and my response and show it to your therapist.

That people who test HIV positive in Saudi Arabia are treated like prisoners and are deported is deplorable, shameful and unconscionable. I would urge you, with the help of all reasonable Saudis, to insist this egregious practice is stopped. Change occurs when people demand it.

Good luck. Remember, HIV is not your problem.

I know, but I don't want to know
HOORAH for the Australian Prime Minister!