A belated WOOHOO!

Hi Dr Bob. This is a note of thanks. I'm absolutely convinced that your daily emails save lives. I suffered from intense anxiety, convinced I had been infected with HIV after protected sex with a sex worker 2 years ago. The guilt and fear was overwhelming. Each symptom I came across on the internet became a self-fulfilling prophecy - including night sweats (which I'd NEVER had before) and a skin rash (which was later diagnosed as pityriasis rosea). I couldn't function at work, and was completely consumed by the fears. The ONLY voice of reason I found during the 3 month wait was yours. Reading and re-reading(often frantically) your replies each day provided a vital anchor at a time when I really did consider suicide. I was tested 4 times over 4 months - convinced that even the 3-month test was wrong. It was all madness. I guess this is a very belated WOOHOO!, but I know that others will be able to relate to this experience. Never underestimate what you've done for so many. Thank you sincerely. Michael.

Hi Michael,

My emails save lives!?! WOW. I thought I was lucky just to escape everyone's spam filter. I'm delighted you found the information here enlightening and reassuring.

WOO-HOO!

Be well. Stay well.

Safe sex takent o an extreme? Do you think this is a bit much from my partner's doctor?
How safe was my sex??