Showering and Baths

I just got diagnosed positive. With all that going on, i'm researching alot of concerns. One question is if I shower in the same bathtub as where my 4 year old son takes his nightly baths is there a danger to him being infected? Like when I shave in the shower, etc? I shower in the morning before work, and my son gets his baths at night before bedtime. Thank you in advance.

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. I'm glad you are doing some research to learn more about HIV. There is a wealth of information about HIV prevention, transmission and treatment on this Web site and related links that I would recommend as a great place to learn about HIV/AIDS.

To address your specific question, HIV is not an easy virus to acquire or pass from one person to another. It is not transmitted through food or air (coughing, sneezing, etc.). With over a quarter of a century of observational and epidemiological studies, there has never been a single documented case of someone getting infected by a household member, relative, coworker or friend through casual or everyday contact, such as sharing eating utensils or bathroom facilities or through hugging or kissing. The HIV risk of your sharing a shower or bathtub with your four-year-old son is completely nonexistent.

I found my "pimple" worry in the forum (PIMPLE)
Indeterminate Results