Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 15, 2007

Dear Dr. Frascino,

About four months ago, I gave a man an unprotected blowjob. I was very drunk and stupid. In fact, it was only the first time as an adult that I've had sex with another guy at all (I fooled around with my brother and a friend when I was very young). I don't consider myself gay but instead, a non-practicing bisexual. Anyway, I really attacked this guy like a prisoner after release. I guess I'd been fantisizing about sex with a guy for a very long time. I took him deep in my mouth, hitting the back of my throat. The next day, I had a sore throat along with a hangover. Immediately, I started to freak out about having had unprotected sex. I went on line and searched for information on sore throats and HIV infection. What I found scared the hell out of me. But, I told myself that I was just over reacting. Especially when I saw your responses (I think I read everyone) about guys with similar stories/concerns.

Over the next several days, my throat got worse, I started feeling nausious, I couldn't sleep, I had night sweats and severe headache/neck pain. Most of these symptoms went away within a week but the whole time, I kept rereading a few of your response where you pointed out the facts and how many viruses and illnesses have symptoms similar to acute HIV infection.

Here's what REALLY freaked me; about two weekes later, I started getting every symptom of acute HIV infection except a rash or fever. I had everything else, including diahrea. I was scared, big time. Actually, I was convinced I was infected.

It was around that time when I bumped into the guy I blew. He was getting off the subway. I didn't even know his name! We chatted a bit and the suddenly I akwardly blurted out, "have you ever been tested?" He said no. I was imediately gripped with terror.

I knew I had to suck it up and wait three months and get properly tested to know for sure. What a terrible,exhausting, stressful and frightening period it was.

Just last week, the results came back negative!! I want to say thank you and God bless you for the service you are providing here. I don't know how I would have made it through without your concise, informed, honest and sypathetic postings. You never knew it, but you got me through the toughest journey in my life. Thank you so much Dr Bob.

Sincerely, Kevin

PS. a donation is in the mail.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Kevin,

A "non-practicing bisexual" who "attacked" his partner "like a prisoner after release," because you'd been "fantasizing about sex with a guy for a very long time . . . ." Hmmm . . . Kevin, maybe you want to rethink that whole "non-practicing" part.

Thanks for your thanks and for writing in to share your story. Testimonials, like yours, will help other worriers, be they sexually practicing or lapsed non-practitioners! I'm delighted you found the information here enlightening and reassuring.

Thanks also for your donation! I'll send a personalized acknowledgement back via snail mail when I return to San Francisco.

Be well. Be safe. And Kevin, remember practice makes perfect!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Autofellatio (AUTOFELLATIO)
Next
Garbage Men have Need(le)s Too!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.