PLZ PLZ PLZ help me!!

Hi Doc,

First of all, you are god sent angel who is helping people like us who are bogged down in worries and anxiety. I can tell you how do I fell everytime yoy assure somebody the he/she is not HIV positive.

TO start with my story

Around 7 months back, I had an unsafe exposure with a female. We had deep and long kissing(I have bleeding gums problem) and I performed oral sex on her for few minutes.(No intercourse). After few weeks I started having tempratures, loose motions, weekeness. I noticed that there was a change in my appetite. My appetite increased a lot and I was eating double the amount. Also had long burning/inflamation periods in my easophagus. I got myself tested for HIV after 1 month and it was negative by god's grace. I got myself re-tested after 3 months+1 week-negative by god's grace. I got my LFT done after 4.5 months to the exposure and the doctor said I had an increased ALT(I think he is said it was 100) which he said that I should get re-tested after 1 month(I had no idea at this piont that increased ALT may be HCV). I kept on worrying about HIV and got my self tested again at 7 months mark(Which was a HIV duo test, Anitobdy 1 & 2 and p24 antigen). and the results were negative by god's grace. Was so happy to get them. Now from somewhere I learnt that in case of HIV and HCV co-existence, the HIV antibody tests may always show negative results because of late seroconversion. I am a worried man again. My worries 1. Looking at the kind of exposure and symptoms (Increased appetite, burning easophagus, increased weight)Am I infected with HCV ? 2. Am I infected with HIV ? 3. Whats the possibility of false HIV results after 7 months if I am also infected with HCV ? 4. Does P24 antigen test result also gets affected if a person has HCV ?

If there are some other tests which I should get done for the confirmation, PLZ PLZ PLZ let me know doc.

Thanks in advance and i promise to make donations.

regards JJ

Hi JJ,

I'll be brief, because HIV is not your problem.

1. No. these are not symptoms of HCV or HIV.

2. No.

3. Essentially nonexistent.

4. No.

JJ, a minimally elevated ALT is no reason to immediately jump to the conclusion you have HCV. Your doctor can run a test for HCV, if he feels it's warranted. Your HIV results are conclusively and definitively negative.

PLEASE DR. BOB I'M BEGGING YOU TO ANSWER
Why do Doctors order tests inside the window period?