PLEASE DR. BOB I'M BEGGING YOU TO ANSWER

Dear Dr. Bob,

I really admire the work you do here and within the HIV community. You are an angel.

The short version of my question is this: About two weeks ago I got a manicure and the manicurist cut her hand and bled on mine.

At the very end when the woman was massaging lotion onto my hands, I saw a wet spot on my hand that was red. But she was rubbing the lotion in so it got rubbed away. Then I saw another red spot on my hand and when I went to pay her, I noticed blood all over the towel that had been under my hands during the manicure. I assumed it was my blood so I apologized for getting it on her towel. She said "no, that's not from you, I cut myself." So she got her blood on me while rubbing in the lotion, and of course I have a paper cut. It wasn't too deep of a cut but I had only done it a little while prior to the manicure. I am not sure if she got blood on my paper cut or not. As far as I can tell the rest of my skin on my hands was intact, including where she got the blood on me. How much of a risk is this? I'm really scared and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm losing sleep. Please help Dr. Bob.

xoxo KB

Hello KB,

I have no way of knowing how severe your "wasn't too deep" paper cut was or whether the manicurist actually rubbed her fresh blood into the cut or if the manicurist was HIV positive. Consequently, I have no accurate way of assessing your risk. I will say, however, that if you contracted HIV from this scenario, you'd have to be one very unlucky lady. I'd place your chances in the extremely remote category. If you're worried, get an HIV rapid test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident the result will be negative.

Weight Training and Med Interaction
PLZ PLZ PLZ help me!!