The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

really need your advice Doc

Apr 12, 2007

Before I ask my question, I just wanted to tell you that youre doing a great thing advising everyone about hiv/aids, and the way you answer the questions is pretty damn funny! Ok, here's my question: I recently went to a massage spa place, and got a handjob. aferwards, the masseuse started to massage my ears. About 9 months ago, i had otoplasty surgery and its healed but i still have a stitch that protrudes from the back of my ear. My question is, if the masseuse is rubbing my ears and touches the stitches on the back of my ear, if she had any semen or open cuts on her hands, could the semen or blood go into the stitch protruding from my ear?

Response from Dr. Frascino


Thanks for your kind comments.

Your HIV risk from the ear rub-a-dub-dub is nonexistent, even with the protruding stitch. Now that leads me to ask you a question: If your surgery was nine months ago, why do you still have a stitch in place???? Haven't you waited perhaps a bit too long to have your post-op follow-up with the ENT surgeon to get your stitches removed??? It's really not like sewing a button on your back pocket, in which case, if you cut the thread, the button falls off again. Your ear will stay in place even without the stitch. Really it will. (If it doesn't, you can change your name to Vincent Van Gogh and take up painting. Plus you'll have grounds for a great malpractice case!)

Stay well!

Dr. Bob

My HIV+ friend believes AIDS denialist, Gary Null

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint