Dr. Bob please help me...Do I need pcr?

Please help me. You are such an inspiration to all. I have donated in the past and plan to do so again. I have had a total of 4 hiv tests. A rapid fingerprick 1/2 at 4.5 and 6 months, a rapid oral 1/2 at 7 months and a standard Elisa 1/2/O at 7.5 months all negative. The last time I had unprotected sex was July 2006. I want to believe my test results but there is one thing that's troubling me. When I was pregnant with my last child 5 yrs ago, the doctor told me I was type A+ but I had an abortion a few years before that and was told I was A-. I guess the test the abortion clinic did did not pick up the positive due to something called the "du variant" in my blood type. Would this have anything to do with my body not being able to produce antibodies or slow down the production? Now 8 months later I have the flu with diarrhea, muscle/body aches and slight fever. Do I need a pcr to give me the correct answer? Please I beg you to answer. I asked my doctor about the window period and he said 6-12 months. Of course this freaked me out. Also I have one swollen node under my left ear that's been there is November 06 when I had a sinus infection, although I did not take any antibiotics for it. Doctor I desperately need you, I can't even play with my kids or function at work, all I do is read your site and I know this question has never been asked. Thank you for being a great human being, I wish all of mankind was as wonderful and dedicated as you!

Rh+ or Rh- ("du" or no du) would not have any effect on your ability to make or detect anti-HIV antibodies. Consequently, your negative HIV tests are both definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how! HIV PCR testing is not warranted. Whatever is causing your current symptoms, one thing is certain, it's not HIV!

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying.

Sleepless in Dublin
cum on razor nick outside anus?