Refused PEP, Do you agree with this Doctor?

Its nice to speak with you via email! I live in London and wish you would come visit us more often. You should have a nice column in the rags here, as I am sure your english fans would luv to read it.

Okay, my story. I performed oral sex and oral anal sex on a man. I didn't use a condom. He didn't ejac in my mouth, but I tasted the dreaded pre-ejaculate. He leaked like a house! I then performed anal oral on him, quite hard (the tongue went in and out about 100 times). He told me afterwards he was positive and that his last viral test was very high. I always assume my partners are positive, I guess in this case I was just a horny toad.

Is my risk very high now that his viral load was extremely high? I tried to get PEP at two places but both ID doctors said NO. I called another clinic and was told I don't meet the criteria for PEP.

Do you agree with them or should I have fought harder. Just confused as hell.

Best, London Fog

Hey there Horny Toad London Fogger,

Is your HIV risk very high because your partner's viral load is high? No. Oral sex without ejaculation remains a minimal risk for HIV transmission, even with the dreaded pre-ejaculate that was flooding out. As for rimming, there are no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or being rimmed, even with severe tongue lashings, like your 100 thrusts! Here in the States, PEP may have been offered by some facilities, but certainly would have been strongly discouraged by most knowledgeable HIV specialists. Certainly we would all recommend routine HIV screening at the three-month mark.

Good luck and give my best to all the London blokes. I'll be back soon.

considering PEP please answer ASAP
Sleepless in Dublin