PLEASE

Dr Bob, Please!!! I submitted a 2 part question yesterday titled "worried". PLEASE answer, I am now a single mom of 2 and my kids mean the world to me, and Im really stressing about my risk! Again, there was 2 unprotected incounters, same person about 7 months ago with NO ejaculate, is that lowrisk? Ans also I recently had a CBC done and everything was normal except for my white count being a little high due to a ear infection, is that a good indication cause everything else was normal? Please, I dontaed and need your good Karma and piece of mind...

Hey Worried Mom,

The facts are the facts. Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. That your partner did not ejaculate may lower the overall risk somewhat, but certainly doesn't eliminate it. CBCs (complete blood counts) give no indication about HIV status. To determine if you contracted HIV, you need an HIV-specific test. Your encounters were seven months ago (well beyond the "window period"); consequently, you can get tested now and get a definitive result. I recommend a rapid test. Conclusive results will be available in as few as 20 minutes.

Thanks for your donation. I'll send my good-luck karma in return that your definitive HIV test is negative.

Good luck!

HIV PCR test - when I can get tested?
Sunken eyes, cheeks and body getting thinner