The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Apr 9, 2007

Dr Bob, Please!!! I submitted a 2 part question yesterday titled "worried". PLEASE answer, I am now a single mom of 2 and my kids mean the world to me, and Im really stressing about my risk! Again, there was 2 unprotected incounters, same person about 7 months ago with NO ejaculate, is that lowrisk? Ans also I recently had a CBC done and everything was normal except for my white count being a little high due to a ear infection, is that a good indication cause everything else was normal? Please, I dontaed and need your good Karma and piece of mind...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Worried Mom,

The facts are the facts. Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. That your partner did not ejaculate may lower the overall risk somewhat, but certainly doesn't eliminate it. CBCs (complete blood counts) give no indication about HIV status. To determine if you contracted HIV, you need an HIV-specific test. Your encounters were seven months ago (well beyond the "window period"); consequently, you can get tested now and get a definitive result. I recommend a rapid test. Conclusive results will be available in as few as 20 minutes.

Thanks for your donation. I'll send my good-luck karma in return that your definitive HIV test is negative.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

HIV PCR test - when I can get tested?
Sunken eyes, cheeks and body getting thinner

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint