I'm sorry, from the poster who said you didn't know the answer

I'm sorry for being rude and saying you didn't know the answer to my question. The truth is I have been worried sick about this incident and about the prospect of HIV. I realise that handjobs are not a risk for HIV, with or without a stomach bug. My only other question is I also once had protected oral, but I have since read that this is a safe sex activity. On the small chance the condom broke, would allergies for 3 weeks which began 3 weeks after the oral sex (around fall, so they may have been fall allergies), be a symptom of acute HIV ars? The allergies were my only symptom, but they have never been that bad before.

Sorry again for being rude in my last post, I realise the great work you are doing on this site and it was thoughtless and rude of me to say what I said. I was just out of my mind with fear of HIV, which I think is in part to blame on Bush's sex ed policy!

Apology accepted.

"Allergies" are not a symptom of acute HIV. Allergy refers to an abnormal immunologic reaction to a substance that generally doesn't bother most people, such as grass, tree or weed pollen, animal danders, mold, certain foods, bee stings, etc. Seasonal allergy severity can vary significantly from year to year, depending on pollen counts (ragweed pollen, etc.).

Protected oral sex would have a nonexistent HIV risk, assuming the latex condom did not fail and was used properly.

I totally agree that Dubya's science-phobic, sex-phobic, abstinence-only sex education policies can indeed lead to folks being "out of their mind with fear of HIV!"

Is it 2008 yet?

HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I suggest now that you've improved your manners for asking questions that you now work on your underlying problem of anxiety and irrational fears. Counseling is warranted.

You're not answering because you don't know the answer Mar 18, 2007

You refuse to answer my question because you do not know whether having a stomach bug could allow me to contract HIV from a handjob. Now you say handjobs are not a risk for HIV infection, you can't get HIV from a handjob it is a form of safe sex. I accept that. However because I had a stomach bug, and my immune system is weaker, you refuse to answer my question of whether a handjob in this instance constitutes a risk for HIV. For example, sweat which does not usually cause HIV may spread it to me because I had a stomach bug and hence my immune system was weaker. I have had classical HIV ARS symptoms, including a sore throat and fever 6 weeks after the incident. And then 6 weeks later I have been feeling very tired for about 20 days straight, so this is probably anemia. So could a handjob cause HIV if I had a stomach bug which hence weakened my immune system. Yes or no? I suspect the answer is that you don't know!

I'm not answering, because I don't know the answer???? What????? Actually I do know the answer to your query, but I see absolutely no reason to share that information with you until you learn some manners. What I will say is that all of your assumptions are as incorrect as the one in the title of your question.

Fatigue
Do I need to test at 6 months?