The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

low white count and enlarged papillae for years!!!!!!! please i need help!!!!

Apr 8, 2007

hi doctor frascino i hope you're fine and with good spirits... my question is regards the symptoms that i have for 3 years!!!!! enlarged papillae for 3 years straight after stabbed with a needle in April 04 low white count at 3.9 white count and a negative elisa and western blot less rna pcr less than 50 and 1.70 log so why do i still feel quite ill fever night sweats and all every so often after 3 years??? Help me please....

Best regards....


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Paul,

If your negative HIV tests (ELISA and RNA PCR) were taken outside of the window period, you are definitely HIV negative. A negative HIV test trumps "symptoms" each and every time!

Regarding your "enlarged papillae," most folks wouldn't know a normal papilla from an enlarged one. (They are supposed to be quite prominent!) I would guess yours are normal. However, if you are concerned, have your doctor take a look. Your white count is not at all alarming. Theses counts go up and down due to a wide variety of factors (common cold, etc.). If you continue to feel "quite ill" and have fever and night sweats, you should see your doctor for an evaluation. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. What I can do is with great certainty tell you what's not causing them: it's not HIV! No way. No how.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

A True Woo-Hoo Story
PLEASE! I know you're very busy but please help.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint