A True Woo-Hoo Story

Hi again Dr. Frascino, this is Desperate-Scared-Petrified Musician.

I just wanted to let you know I got my results back from the 3 month test and my result was negative! I wanted to post my woohoo story here so that other possible well worriers would be encouraged.

My story and symptoms can be found in the archives of this forum in the Mar 17, 2007 section of posts under the title "Desperate! Scared to death!"

I was almost sure I was infected with HIV. I was practically waiting for the positive result. I had all the symptoms. Oral conditions, such as a possibly thrush tongue, some indigestion, a fever, and basically anything else I was experiencing could have possibly signaled to me that I was infected. As it turns out, it was probably the residual effects of a severe upper respiratory infection that was probably viral in nature.

You were all too correct in adding that the silver lining to this experience was opening my eyes up to the HIV/AIDS situation at hand. Through all my worrying and searching on the internet about my various "symptoms" I became a mini-expert on the current HIV situation. The education has really shown me how things are progressing and taught me the true value of sex-education as a whole. I think kids deserve to know more than the fact that HIV exists and you can get it from having sex. The lack of information almost makes it sound like HIV is a fable, or some rare creature that could never be right on your doorstep. Schools ought to give kids all the information, that way, they know exactly what HIV will do to them, exactly how they can get it, and ALL the ways in how they can prevent it. Had I known about PEP I would have been on it the day of my possible exposure, but that was something I was never taught.

Here is my advice to anyone who may have had a situation similar to my own:

1.) ALWAYS use a condom if you aren't sure of someone's status. Trust me, I know it doesn't feel as good, but no amount of physical pleasure is worth the three months of mental agony you may face afterwards.

2.) If you have had a possible exposure, get tested! You can only trust yourself and your own research to know the facts and to know whether or not your test or someone else's test is valid. Get the results for yourself, and not from someone else.

3.) If you have had a possible exposure, do the right thing and get tested, but don't kill yourself over your mistake. Even if you do test positive, life is too good to let slip by, especially when HIV treatment is at it's strongest. As many of the articles on this website have said, people are dying of old age and other medical conditions rather than the onset of AIDS, so the future is bright, and life is still worth living. Don't stress, all you well worriers!

You are a blessing and a testament to the whole human race Dr. Frascino, and I still would like to talk to you about helping with Concerted Effort!

Thank you.

********************* Please omit from my public post everything past the asterices.

Dr. Frascino, I wanted to let you know that I am a young composer and would love to write a work dedicated to those living with HIV/AIDS and in remembrance of those lost it. What I am seeking is not a commission but rather a chance to express my gratitude to you and all the other people who dedicate their time and energy to informing the public and keeping people like me sane! If you would be interested in a collaborative effort of any kind, please feel free to email me personally and use the email I have provided. I'm thinking I could write something like a multi-movement large ensemble work (piano concerto ;), orchestral, string orchestra, or something of the sort) and quite possibly could talk to my university about sponsoring a performance where all the proceeds would go either directly to your fundraiser or to some other HIV/AIDS support group. I would love to do it, and I would love to give back and support those who are virally enhanced! I'm in the states, so collaboration is quite possible.

Email me with your thoughts.

Hi Desperate-Scared-Petrified Musician,

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your experience, great news (WOO-HOO!), newfound insights and wise advice. I couldn't agree more!

Regarding what you wrote below the "asterices," you can write to us at The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation at www.frascinoaidsfound@sbcglobal.net.

Be well. Stay well!

How to make a donation?
low white count and enlarged papillae for years!!!!!!! please i need help!!!!