The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Apr 8, 2007

Hi Dr bob, I do appreciate so very much the good work u are doin' to help people all over the world. There are no amounts of words to describe how much good you are saving the world. Unfortunately, there are some people like myself born with natural ill-luck who may not be able to have share of your unlimited love. I've asked my question on this forum more than 10 times without ever recieving any answer and not becuase you hate me, or not because it is without some significance. I'm just the unfortunate. My questions have always been directed from other forums to your forum but no answer from you. I so depressed. MY BIGGEST QUESTION NOW IS THAT HOW CAN I GET THE SELF RAPID TEST? AND HOW CAN I SEE A PSYCHATRIST?

I am a 31 year old male, never had anal sex, some unprotected sex prior to 2005. Now i'm feeling like an old person, all body is like breaking down. Could this still be some thing else or only possible HIV? Every day the only thought that run through my mind is suicide. I can not help it. But i've made up my mind to make the test, damming all consequences.

I do not know if your being so silent is because you already see me as a potential aids victim, lack the way to break news to me. But i will appreciate any comments.

Like i said in previous postings, it all started in Jan 2005. I was diagnosed with Hepititis B. HIV at the time was negative even though i had only a month after exposure. Then, i was also suffering from heart-heart which lasted for over 6 months. Then i started feeling fine. In January 2006 i had a cold for more than a week, and associated it with winter which i was encoutering for the first time ever. Then shortly after the cold there was sleeplessness, and extreme depression. From the moment, i started feeling body ache, ie the muscle, until now,i haven't had any remedy. I feal so exhausted at all times. But when i get to doing sports, i do not feel pains inside the body. Could this muscle pain and fatigue be Anemia? I've been check several times in the hospital, but no answer. I'm scared to do the HIV test but i'm convince that it is the problem. The worst of all is that from the moment i was diagnosed with Hepititis B,i've always been so restless and thinking a lot, how i might die so soon. The whole thing is freeking me, i do not even have the strenth to go to school. Doctor please help!! Doctor Please.


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Miya,

There is no such thing as a "self rapid test." You can go to a clinic or physician's office and get a rapid HIV test. The results are available in 20 minutes. If you want a home test, you'll need to obtain a Home Access Express Test (800-HIV-TEST). It can also be ordered online or purchased at some pharmacies. Results are available several days later by phone.

How can you see a psychiatrist??? Just call and make an appointment!!! Your general medical doctor can recommend one for you.

Do I see you as an AIDS victim? No, of course not. You're a depressed nervous wreck, but you are not an AIDS victim.

As for "suffering from heart-heart," I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

If you are having suicidal thoughts, you should go to the nearest emergency room for an evaluation. They have psychiatrists on staff to help you.

Your fears about the disastrous consequences of having hepatitis B are blown way out of proportion to any real risk.

I agree your next steps back to good health are to see a psychiatrist and get HIV tested.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

a new cd4...

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint