to all the worried wells

Dear Dr. Bob,

Firstly I have to say, that you are a great source of comfort to many people, me being one of them. I am truly sorry to hear of your recent loss but I know by your words life is your comfort.

To my little adventure in guilt:

6 months ago I engaged in mutual masturbation with a female masseuse, sheer lust - which caused regret as it was the first time I was unfaithful to my wife.

Doubt overtook me and I started to worry, not about myself, but the potential risk I may have put my wife at by my indiscretion. Guilt came in one door and rationale and logic promptly crept out the back. Having read your archives I knew I was not at risk to HIV but the what ifs were always in the background.

This week I mustered the courage to get a HIV test after 6 months and today I got the all clear (wohhhhhhhhhoooo!)

To all the other people out there, in a similar situation, Id like to say:

1) Mutual masturbation is not a cause of HIV come on you know it - I know it; 2) Worry causes rationale to leave; 3) If this is you - youre only option at this point (for sanity sake) is to get tested but you will absolutely be negative.

Tonight I am relieved and will sleep the sleep I have not for a while.

Goodnight Dr. Bob keep up your great work!

Worried no more

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your experience and wise advice!

Be well. Stay well.

The Good, The Bad and The FUGLY!
do you take volunteers at your clinic?