PLEASE Answer - Desperate Worried "Wonderer" - Hopefully "Well"

Dr. Bob,

PLEASE answer my question. I just donated to your fine group via my other email - but you should be able to match them.

I am the one who had very brief vaginal exposure with So. American sex worker 9 months ago - protected - but had every symptom in the book. Starting with the next day!

I've had 9 months of monthly negative PCRs HIV I&II, EIAs (I & II), rapids (UniGold), HSV 1&2, RPR, Hep A/B/C, Ghon/Chlamyd -- the works. Also had blood tests, tests for Sjogrens, diabetes, liver scans, dermatologists, infectious disease specialists, etc etc. All say they think I am fine.

My symptoms range from general sickness to odd rashes on my neck and arms, folliculitis, sore throats, sinusitis, some weight loss, coated tongue, sore salivary glands in mouth, dry mouth, tender nodes, and odd fungal stuff on skin.

The symptoms that persist today are mainly the odd node pain and folliculitis -- treated with many things - hibiclens, cephalexyn, clyndomicin, etc. Still comes back - scalp, arms, thighs, buttocks.

Here I sit at 10 months - scared to death. DO I still have HIV or another STD to fear? Can the blood tests all be wrong? Can I put the HIV behind me after 9-10 months of monthly testing?

Thanks.

- symptomskin

Hello Symptomskin,

Your HIV risk is nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Your symptoms starting "the next day" could not possibly be HIV related as ARS-related symptoms take weeks not hours to develop. Plus you've had "9 months of monthly PCRs HIV 1 and 2, EIAs 1 and 2, rapids (UniGold), HSV 1 and 2, RPR, Hep A/B/C, Ghon/Chlamyd the works . . . plus "blood tests, tests for Sjogrens, diabetes, liver scans, dermatologist, infectious disease specialists, etc etc." They "all say they think (you) are fine." So you continue to be "scared to death," because you have "the odd node pain and folliculitis"?????? YIKES! Dude, you've spent more money on unnecessary HIV tests and related medical workups than the GNP of several African countries. Exactly which part of "you are fine" are you having difficulty with? Actually, personally I don't believe you are exactly "fine." You obviously have irrational fear of being HIV positive, despite overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence to the contrary. This is a psychiatric condition and I would urge you to seek psychiatric care without delay. HIV is definitely not your problem. No way. No how. Your symptoms are psychosomatic. Stop wasting your time, energy, blood and money chasing after a disease you could not possibly have. Instead, get the help you need for your very real medical problems of anxiety and HIV phobia.

GET TESTED....PLEASE
You Are My Hero