The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

urgent plz help

Apr 6, 2007

Dear Dr Bob,my first time in on this website.I heard about you on internet,i need to make a donation, how i do it? question, my sister is hiv positive,is there any medication just help her live longer? i don't want her to die now. Another Q,when someone had oral sex, do you think person needs to be tested?

Response from Dr. Frascino


Yes, there are over 20 different HIV medications that we use in combination to treat HIV/AIDS. You can learn about these in detail by reviewing the information under "Quick Links" on The Body's homepage. Just click on "HIV Medications".

Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV transmission. If you or someone you know is concerned that they may have been exposed to HIV, I would recommend getting an HIV test 3 months after the last potential exposure. An HIV rapid test will provide an accurate result in as few as 20 minutes. You can read all about oral sex and other potential HIV risks by reviewing the information in the archives of this forum. There are whole sections devoted to "oral sex" and "HIV sexual transmission."

Finally, donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at Just click on the "Donate" tab.

Best of luck to both you and your sister. I'm here if you or she needs me, OK?

Dr. Bob

Need your Expert Opinion (just donated tru Paypal)
re: why is it "W"s fault

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint