Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Damsel in Distress
Apr 6, 2007

Dear Dr Bob,

First, you are absolutley AMAZING!

I've been reading the dailies and archieves for the past three months and now I know what your response will be. However, I like most, need to hear answers directly and would like your good karman sent my way so I can finally let my hair down and shout out a very loud and long Wooooooo fricken Hooooo!

Here's my story....

I had unprotected sex with a man of unknown status. Within a week I had a fever and a very dry croupy cough and swollen lymph nodes in my groin and recovered the following week. Two and a half months later I encountered the infamous white coating on my tongue which was misdiagnosed as a yeast infection (confirmed non yeast by two other drs). I also came down with a cold and enlarged lymph nodes in my neck, a swollen tonsil that lasted over a month, weight lost, tingling fingers and toes, headaches and a couple bouts of diaherea; No fever this round. By the time I recovered I was at the 14 week mark and visited my dr in a panic. My result was negative for HIV 1&2 and negative for all STD's.

So...can I let my hair down with the results at 14 weeks or test again at the six month mark?

I respect your opinion and your advise as "THE EXPERT" in this field. And I know I will feel much better hearing from you directly.

I can truly say you have enlighted my life and are an amazing human being; we are blessed to have you with us.

PS...Dr Steve is pretty cool too. I am bilingual and have been reading some of his dailies as well. Donation to follow.

Live and love well!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

1. Thanks for your kind comments.

2. You may think Dr. Steve is "pretty cool." Personally, I think he's way hot. But that's another story and I digress . . . .

3. You want my "good karman???" Hmmm . . . . Well, OK, my car mechanic is indeed quite good; cute, too. His number is . . . . Oh, perhaps that's not what you meant???

4. You should not be a "Damsel in Distress," but rather a "Woman in WOO-HOO!" Hair down to your knees or ratted up into a towering beehive, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Thanks for your donation! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I haven't laughed so much in years!!!!
Next
From Josh - thanks for the smile

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.