Damsel in Distress

Dear Dr Bob,

First, you are absolutley AMAZING!

I've been reading the dailies and archieves for the past three months and now I know what your response will be. However, I like most, need to hear answers directly and would like your good karman sent my way so I can finally let my hair down and shout out a very loud and long Wooooooo fricken Hooooo!

Here's my story....

I had unprotected sex with a man of unknown status. Within a week I had a fever and a very dry croupy cough and swollen lymph nodes in my groin and recovered the following week. Two and a half months later I encountered the infamous white coating on my tongue which was misdiagnosed as a yeast infection (confirmed non yeast by two other drs). I also came down with a cold and enlarged lymph nodes in my neck, a swollen tonsil that lasted over a month, weight lost, tingling fingers and toes, headaches and a couple bouts of diaherea; No fever this round. By the time I recovered I was at the 14 week mark and visited my dr in a panic. My result was negative for HIV 1&2 and negative for all STD's.

So...can I let my hair down with the results at 14 weeks or test again at the six month mark?

I respect your opinion and your advise as "THE EXPERT" in this field. And I know I will feel much better hearing from you directly.

I can truly say you have enlighted my life and are an amazing human being; we are blessed to have you with us.

PS...Dr Steve is pretty cool too. I am bilingual and have been reading some of his dailies as well. Donation to follow.

Live and love well!

1. Thanks for your kind comments.

2. You may think Dr. Steve is "pretty cool." Personally, I think he's way hot. But that's another story and I digress . . . .

3. You want my "good karman???" Hmmm . . . . Well, OK, my car mechanic is indeed quite good; cute, too. His number is . . . . Oh, perhaps that's not what you meant???

4. You should not be a "Damsel in Distress," but rather a "Woman in WOO-HOO!" Hair down to your knees or ratted up into a towering beehive, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Thanks for your donation! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Be well. Stay well.

I haven't laughed so much in years!!!!
From Josh - thanks for the smile