To start the medications or later

HEllo Doctor,

I was dignosed with HIV + Feb 2007. My first lab test (march 07) showed CD 4 count - 363 and viral load count 131,100.The doctor told me that he need another lab test in two months time to determine whether my CD4 will reduce and viral load increse. From there he will make further judment. I am very panic but unable to do anything but just listen to the doctor's advice.

What should I do?

The panic HIV+

Sorry to learn about your recent HIV diagnosis. Try not to panic! A period of adjustment to your new reality as a person living with HIV is normal and to be expected. I would suggest you read through the information on this site, beginning with the topics under "Quick Links" on The Body's homepage. There you will find topics, such as (1) Just Diagnosed, (2) HIV Medications, (3) HIV Monitoring Tests and (4) Inspiring Stories.

Learning about HIV, treatment options, monitoring tests, etc. will empower you so that you will no longer feel panicky and unable to do anything but listen to your doctor. You should become an active participant in all treatment decisions!

Waiting two months for another set of laboratory tests, including CD4 count and plasma viral load, is reasonable. But that doesn't mean there is nothing for you to do in the interim. For instance, in addition to learning about HIV, you should optimize your nutrition and exercise routine, decrease stress and expand your support network.

Good luck! Remember, I've been HIV positive since January 1991 and I'm here to help, OK? Let's get through this together.

Please im suicidal third time i email but no answer, from spain
safe sex safe?