Please im suicidal third time i email but no answer, from spain

please help, im extremely suicidal and nervous. I promise to donate from spain. I was in Shangai 4 months ago and had unprotected sex with a prostitute, I was really drunk and vaguely remember. I am not circumsiced and 6 weeks after had the symptoms of hiv, swallen glands, soar throat , both diarrea and constipation, and tiredness, and a pain in the left side of the abdomen, its 4 months and symptoms are still their a bit more mild but still have losen stools and glands, im 100 percent sure i have hiv, because i have seen all the symptoms in the internet, since they first appeared i started to get very nervous when i read internet. Please help i dont want to get tested because im 100 percent sure. What are my odds of not being hiv? if any. Thanks a lot u are a great help to all of us!

Hello Spanish Guy,

You are "100 percent sure (you) have HIV, because (you) have seen all the symptoms on the Internet." Here we go again! Spanish Guy, calm down! Yes, I agree unprotected sex does place you at risk for STDs, including HIV; however, your degree of actual risk is much less than you think and way out of proportion to your fears and anxieties! The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures! Your estimated statistical risk would be even less, as we don't know the HIV status of your Shanghai sexpot. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome based on their time of onset, duration, character and spectrum.

My advice:

1. See a psychiatrist without delay, if indeed you are "extremely suicidal." A mental health professional would also be able to help you confront and conquer your irrational fears of being HIV infected as well as your anxiety disorder.

2. Read through the archives of this forum. You should find the information and testimonials extremely enlightening and encouraging.

3. Get HIV tested.

why is it "W"s fault?
To start the medications or later