why is it "W"s fault?

since HIV/AIDS has been around for 25 years (my son was an early casualty) WHY blame the President .. puleeze .. that's as bad as blaming it all on Reagan .. this is NOT a political forum .. give it a break !

Why is Dubya at fault for hampering efforts to slow the spread of HIV/AIDS???? Well, let me give you some examples:

1. Programs to prevent the spread of HIV are unquestionably a crucial component of the long-term fight. Yet, Dubya (and the last Republican Congress) specified that only 20% of the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) could be spent on prevention. Even more egregious is the restriction that one third of that money had to be used to promote abstinence until marriage!!!! Consequently, more money has been spent in that area than on any other prevention activities, including the distribution of condoms and blocking mother-to-child transmission!!!! This is not only unscientific, it's shamefully immoral!

2. Another anti-science restriction forbids the use of taxpayer money to provide clean needles to injecting drug users.

3. Yet another restriction requires that all antiretroviral medications be approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration. This blocks the use of more inexpensive generic antiretrovirals, even those approved by the World Health Organization!

Despite the above, your comment about Reagan is a good one. The Centers for Disease Control reported the first case of AIDS in June 1981 during Reagan's Presidency. However, he blatantly ignored the looming crisis, preferring to act like an ostrich with his head stuck in the sand and did not even publicly utter the word AIDS until September 1985! Had he shown some degree of compassion or leadership, perhaps your son and so many other sons, daughters, husbands, wives and lovers would not be "casualties!"

So I agree with you. We shouldn't just blame Dubya. I stand corrected. Reagan must share the infamy!

HIV and menstruation
Please im suicidal third time i email but no answer, from spain