Going off of preventative meds

I am writing to get advice on whether or not to go off the preventative meds after possible HIV exposure. I was potentially exposed to HIV on 3/17 and began takung Reyataz and Truvata on 3/20. I saw my PCP on 3/21 and he switched me to Kaletra and Truvata. I have tested negative twice. Once on 3/20 and again on 3/25. He thinks my risk of exposure is very low (I had protected anal sex where I was pentrated with a person who is now known to be recently HIV+). There is some question of whether or not the condom came off at some point during the intercourse. He did not ejaculate inside of me.

My doctor wants me to stop the preventative meds tomorrow and be re-tested in one week to see if I am positive. I am nervous about doing so only because I fear going off of the preventative meds too soon. What do you think? Thank you for your time.

If you had receptive anal sex with a partner recently confirmed to be HIV positive, there is "some question" as to whether the condom came off and you were started on PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) within 72 hours, I would advise:

1. Take the full 28-day course.

2. Consult an HIV specialist.

The HIV specialist will document your degree of HIV risk, optimize your PEP regimen as needed, handle all PEP-related side effects or toxicities and arrange for, as well as interpret, all the HIV follow-up tests. You can read much more about PEP and the published PEP guidelines in the archives.

Woo Hoo! Hooooooooo!
Urgent! Should I start post-exposure prophylaxis?