Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Robert - Will you please answer oral question
Apr 3, 2007

Bob,

If someone's only activities are low-risk in nature, such as unprotected insertive oral sex, protected oral sex, protected vaginal sex (with proper condom use), and mututal masterbation - then is choosing not to get tested a reasonable choice?

If I am comfortable with the fact that the above activities propose little risk, than does the fact that there is some risk, albeit a low risk, mean that one should still get tested? Or am I okay with not getting tested?

I guess my bottom line question is - are low risk activities justified to not get tested if for sure, that is all someone has participated in?

If I can get an answer this time I promise a substantial donation.

Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

If you are truly convinced and satisfied that all your activities have not placed you at any degree of HIV risk, then HIV testing would not be warranted. However, if you believe you've had some degree of risk, even low risk, then the only way to be certain that you have not contracted HIV would be to get an HIV test. That said, personally I would consider the activities you describe to carry minimal HIV risk at best.

Dr. Bob

Previous
tell me i shouldn't commit suicide
Next
Worry-it can make you sick.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.