tell me i shouldn't commit suicide

Hi Dr.Bob! I've been crying for weeks now. I really hope and pray that my exposure will not result in a HIV+ test, considering the symptoms that I am experiencing.

On Dec 30,2006, I received an unprotected oral sex from a stripper, I remembered her rubbing my penis outside her vagina, I also noticed that I had a sore at the time. About 2 weeks after the incident, I had fever , flu for about 2-3 days, temp around 99.5 . On the fourth week, I had small rashes that started on my chest area, then also had some around my arms and thighs, this lasted for about 8 days, but no fever at the time my rashes appeared. And very recently developed some red spots on my face that flakes and some on the side of my nose and crease of my left ear. I REALLY AM SO CONCERN FOR I HAVE 2 KIDS AND A WIFE. I HARDLY HAD ANY SLEEP FOR 2 WEEKS NOW, ANXIETY I BELIEVED. BECAUSE OF THIS I WOKE UP WITH PROFUSE SWEATING LAST NIGHT, AND HAVE A FEVER OF 99-100.5 THIS MORNING. I BOUGHT A HOME ACCESS TESTING KIT ABOUT 4 HOURS AGO AND HAD SENT IT OUT...

I NEED YOUR EXPERT CONSOLING ON THIS MATTER, AND A GOOD KARMA.

PLEASE REPLY DR.BOB.. I WISH THE GOOD LORD WILL GIVE ME ANOTHER SHOT AT LIFE WITHOUT HIV, THAT THIS MAYBE A WAKE UP CALL.

q: ARE ARS RASHES MANIFESTATION ALWAYS COMES OUT SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH A FEVER, IN MY CASE A HAD FEVER FIRST THEN RASHES 2 WEEKS AFTER.ALSO I DO NOT REMEMBER HAVING THE RASHES ON MY FACE... THANK YOU DR.BOB AND GOD BLESS...

You want me to tell you that you shouldn't commit suicide??? OK, you shouldn't commit suicide. There, does that help? I must admit I find anxious wrecks who use suicide threats as thinly veiled (and excessively overdramatic) ways to try to get my attention to have their question answered quite annoying. After all, if I committed suicide when I had my HIV exposure (or subsequent seroconversion), I wouldn't be here today 16 years later responding to your questions!

Yes, I realize you are scared. So scared, in fact, that the entire second half of your post is written in all capital letters. Nonetheless, I think it's insensitive of you to discuss suicide just because you are scared of a disease that I and 40,000,000 others live with on a daily basis.

To briefly respond to your specific questions, insertive oral sex carries only a negligible risk of HIV transmission. Likewise, for "rubbing (your) penis outside her vagina." Symptoms, no matter what they are, are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not infected. Your particular symptoms are not particularly worrisome. The rash you describe is not consistent with HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome).

From what you've told me, your Home Access test result will be negative. I honestly don't believe you need my "expert consoling" on this matter. Rather, what you need to do is level with your wife. Your main problem is guilt and anxiety related to your infidelity. Leveling with your wife is not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Good luck and no more "suicide" comments, OK?

Insertive Oral Sex.
Robert - Will you please answer oral question