more test?

Dr Bob,

what a great site and service you provide!

I know this might be somewhat repetitive for you and some readers. But I am still hoping that you will take a moment to answer me as I really going out of my mind and this HIV phobia is eating me alive.

In short my situation: about 6 months ago I had an encounter with a German prostitute, protected vaginal, unprotected oral on me (for maybe 15 sec), I licked her nipples, also licked my finger after rubbing her vagina (did not actually insert it).

I realize from endless hours on the web that this would count as minimal to nonexistent risk?

Nonetheless, I got tested at 3.5, 6.5, 11 weeks (std blood draw Elisa), 14 weeks (Orasure HIV 1/2).

Now I can't get the 6 months "truly conclusive window" out of my mind.

Do you think I need that 6 months test???

THank you so much in advance. I really need your advise to finally put this behind me!

Charles

Hello Charles,

Being eaten alive by HIV-phobia and having "truly conclusive window" stuck in your head both sound like rather painful conditions, neither of which I can realistically do much about. However, I will, as always, offer my opinion and advice.

I agree your activities would qualify for "minimal to nonexistent risk," as you mention. Personally, I feel your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 14 weeks are definitive and conclusive and no further HIV testing is warranted. However, if HIV-phobia continues to nibble, munch and chomp away at you and unwarranted worries continue to stick in your brain, the option to get a six-month test is always an option that's available to you. It will undoubtedly be negative, but hey, if that keeps you from being ingested alive, well so be it.

In the interim, I'll just say WOO-HOO and congratulations on dodging the HIV bullet, because I remain convinced HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Discrimination?
will it have aids