PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Dr. Bob,

Here is my question, I had a possible exposure to an unknown status in Thailand. I have had a few lymph nodes in my neck, 1 in my armpit and about 7 in my groin. Two doctors told me they were normal size, and One doctor seemed to think they were a little bit enlarged. I tested negative at 1 month, 2 months, and 3 months. My tests were done in Vancouver, Canada, and I have been told that their tests are modern tests that are very accurate, and that modern tests can detect all subtypes (including subtype E from Thailand) My questions are. 1) Will modern antibody tests detect subtype E? 2) My GP has said that testing should be done at 3 months and 6 months, is 6 month testing necessary, and what is the percentage that test positive by 3 months, is it 99.9%? Thanks doctor bob, I appreciate your help you are a wonderful man. -Your biggest Canuck fan.

Hello Canuck Fan,

1. I would consider your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to three months definitive and conclusive following your Bangkok banging cock experience That includes subtype "E" or as it is also called CRFO1_AE. HIV antibody tests now are quite sensitive in detecting non-B clade viruses.

2. Percentages of "99.9" or "99.whatever" are just statistical estimates. The chances of your testing positive beyond three months based on your history and testing to date would be so remote as to be essentially nonexistent. If you want to retest again at six months, go ahead. The option is always open to you (and anyone else). Personally, I don't feel it's warranted, needed or necessary.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

??? (ABOUT DR. BOB)
Woohoo! Worried Wells should read