Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks! Two questions: 1) How can I donate if I live in Europe?; 2)...
Mar 28, 2007

Hi Doctor! I am very happy because your answer. I am a little bit less "paranoic", and I want to say Thank You!

I really want to donate something to your organization (at the moment not too much because I have some expenses because the wedding..) :( The problem is I do not have a credit card and I live in Europe. How can I do to donate money to your organization without a credit car?

I know I have to wait two months more to repeated the test. The hard thing is to carry on with the wedding plans even if I am not 100% sure that I do not infected. I absolutely cannot say anything to anyone, less to my girl.. That is why your answer makes me feel better.

Now I thing I can be sure that the condom did not brake, because the girl gave me a blow job with one of this condoms (please remember that I used two condoms for the "chaca-chaca") after the vaginal sex and she did not notice anything (me neither, but she looked to the condom very weird after I came... I am paranoic).

I am not completely happy because I have symptoms, and now I am wondering if the recurrent infection for the bacteria (Staphylococcus) could be consequence of a ARS. Could be?????

Just one technical question more: How accurate are the P24 antigen test results in the first few weeks after an infection and before the antibodys rise detectable levels in the blood? (it could be the next QTND) I read it is about 85%, but I have read too many things (to the other readers: IF YOU ARE PARANOIC ABOUT AIDS OR ANY OTHER DESEASE, PLEASE DO NOT LOOK FOR SYMTOMS IN INTERNET!!! NEVER!!! YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF INFORMATION, AND YOU WILL FEEL EVERY SINGLE SYMPTOM THAT YOU READ)...

And two "no-technical" questions more: 1) Do you thing I was exposed to a high risk? 2) Do you know some Internet site or something (a book, etc) about manage this irracional fear to a desease? I would like to go to a psychologist, but I live in Germany and I do not speake enough german.

Thank you again for your answer.. Thank you for be there! I am sure a LOT of people apreciate your work!

John.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi John,

Welcome back to the forum. I'm delighted you are a bit less "paranoic."

1. Regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, we accept checks, money orders, direct wire transfers from banks, cash and appreciated securities in addition to credit cards and PayPal. Information can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Our address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

2. As I mentioned in my previous post, your recurrent staphylococcus infection is not related to HIV.

3. The sensitivity of a p24 antigen is close to 90%; however, there are many variables to consider in any one specific case.

4. No.

5. I don't think an Internet site or book will help with irrational fears. I suggest you search for a counselor in Germany who speaks English.

You're welcome!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Condoms work- they have saved me from STDs
Next
got tested

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.