Condoms work- they have saved me from STDs

hi Dr,

I read your forum 2 years ago when I thought I had HIV just because I had sex with escorts. I've been having sex with escorts on a weekly basis since 2000 (i'm not proud of it, but I think that's one indulgence I will stop)Each time, I wear 2 condoms and am very careful. Fortunately, none have broken except for once in 2001. I've also had unprotected oral sex with them but I do check their mouth before letting them give me oral and its usually only for a few mins.

Anyway, I've been worried for the past 6 years because I never dared to take a HIV test until recently..and my results are NEGATIVE. Its such a relief and i've been worried for nothing all this while.

Your forum and advise has educated me on the virus. To the point I actually spit a into the second condom before putting it on to make sure that the virus doesnt get thru the saliva barrier..:)

So, condoms do work and I've not contracted any sort of STDs till today although I've been using escorts every week since 2000..so some of u can go work out the numbers.

Dr, I wish you well and you're doing a great job in helping worried ppl like me get thru this.

Yes, condoms do indeed work. However, I don't recommend "double bagging" (wearing two). See below.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Reprint:

From Uruguay to Dr. Bob Aug 16, 2006

Dr. Bob,

I got all my questions answered by checking the archive, but I wanted you to know how astonishingly (or however that's spelled) helpful you've been to me. Any time you visit Uruguay, you'll have a place to stay! (i'm jealous about your french, start with spanish and try to give us a visit... nice beaches, tango and steaks!!)

Dr. Bob, you're the man!! Your answers are so sweet and clever... and anti-Bush! We (latinamericans and people form the 3er world in general) love that! We suffer a lot form that fascist danger, but we know that every american person is unique: I mean, Woody Allen and Paul Auster are not Bush - Cheney

(Just to tell you, as you are my ciber friend now, I broke a condom with a girl and.. well, you know, all that)

Anyway,

1) can I listen to you playing piano on the Internet?

2) Are you a Lakers fan?

3) And now the stupid question: For the future, do u think i should wear 2 condoms just in case?

The Best for you, please take care

Who-hooer.

Hi Uruguay-Guy,

Nice beaches, tango and steaks??? Hmmm . . . OK, I'll be right over!

1. Sorry no, we haven't put anything on the Internet yet. But it might not be a bad idea!

2. Lakers? Nah, not really. I prefer European soccer matches to the NBA.

3. Nope! "Double bagging" (wearing two condoms) is not recommended. I'll post a question from the archives that addresses this point below.

Stay well, "WOO-HOO-er."

i wore 2 condoms!!!!! please doct help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dear dr.

a week ago i had sex with a woman with unknown status, she gave me blow job with 1 condom and proceded to have sex with 2 condoms, but the question is im only inside her for about 150 to 25seconds and with slow thrusting and after reading through the website its say friction might cos the condom to tear so am i at any risk of contracting hiv??? is it possible for the condom to tear or break within this few seconds and slow thrusting please doctor help me, im worried sick my gf's starting to get suspicious of me because i keep rejecting to have sex with here help me please

It is true that "double bagging" (wearing two condoms) might increase the risk of a latex condom breaking. However, if your condom (or condoms) broke, you would have known. It would have been readily obvious, because your Mr. Happy's bald head would have been sticking out! Condom breakage is not subtle. It's like a balloon popping! I'll reprint a post from the archives that addresses "double condoms."

I'd suggest two things:

1. Stop worrying. I see no cause for concern.

2. Level with your girlfriend. Not only is it the best way to confront your guilt and anxiety over this issue, it's also the right thing to do.

Double condoms to prevent HIV Aug 29, 2005

Dear Robert,

I travel lot for asian countries like thailand etc.When I have sex with Bar girls there I always use double comdoms(ie one on other) as precaution ,so what is my chance of getting HIV.For information my condoms never brokened nor I had oral sex with them.

There are no scientific studies showing "double bagging" is safer than properly using a single latex condom. In fact, there is some information suggesting that double bagging causes friction of latex on latex, which may compromise the integrity of the condoms and increase the likelihood of breakage! Besides, it's hard enough to get one layer of latex on and used properly. By the time you double wrap, your partner could be out of the mood or asleep. Plus, Mr. Happy will probably not feel all that happy. He might not "feel" much at all! And if two layers were safer, then what about three or four or a dozen? Pretty soon it's going to be like sleeping with the Michelin Tire Man.

Unprotected Top - Don't Do It!!!!
Thanks! Two questions: 1) How can I donate if I live in Europe?; 2)...