Condom breakage

Hello Dr Frascino, My name is Kevin from Uganda. Am terribly worried about a condom breaking when I had penetrative vaginal sex about 40 days ago - I estimate that it was 2 or 3 minutes prior to ejaculation that I was unaware of the breakage and I am unaware of my partner's HIV status. She has had lots of partners in the past.

The following day I took a HIV test to confirm my HIV- status and am planning to re-do it again in 3 months - from your honest point of view as an expert I wanna know my chances of being infected from if she was HIV+. Thanks for your time & I appreciate your help, Kevin B.

Hello Kevin B. from Uganda,

The estimated per-act risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with an HIV-positive partner is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated statistical risk would be less, as we do not know the status of your partner.

I agree you need a three-month HIV test.

Positive elisa and Indeterminate Western blot
I really need your help.....Please do not ignore