Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bob, you are the only voice I trust. Will donate for the 3rd time...plz comfort me!
Mar 25, 2007

First and foremost, I apologize if you already received this question. I sent it but never got the "sent" confirmation b/c my internet cut off.

Over this past weekend, I ended up going to Tijuana, Mexico. I ended up going to a strip club and got a 20 min NUDE lap dance from a stripper. While getting my lap dance, the stripper unzipped my pants and started giving me a hand job. Ok, no risk yet. What she did next was somewhat shocking. She rubber her vagina and then used the same hand/fingers to rub my penis and even rubbed the tip (urethra) of my penis with the same hand. I didn't think of it much then, but I'm starting to really freak out.

I thought I was very well-educated when it came to HIV, however this is really making me nervous. What's worst is I just read a couple of articles dated early 2006 which stated that HIV rates have been increasing at alarming rates in Tijuana, Mexico. So I theoretically had vaginal secretions in my urethra from a stripper (let's call her a sex worker since she's doing things like this with who knows who)in Tijuana, Mexico. See my concern?

My biggest concern is HIV. I realize you're the HIV doc, but could you also comment on any other possible STDs i might have caught? I'm having a burning sensation in my urethra.

My donation is on its way. I really appreciate what you do Dr. Franscino, and the least I can do is donate to your cause. Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV risk is remote at best. However, if you're worried and clearly you are get a three-month HIV test. If you get a rapid test, you'll have a definitive accurate result in as few as 20 minutes. This may be the best way to put your worries permanently to rest.

Regarding other STDs, masturbation carries a relatively how risk, but some conditions, such as genital warts (HPV) and herpes, can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. If you are having a "burning sensation" in your urethra, you should see your doctor or go to a public health clinic for an STD screen. Many STDs are much easier to contract than HIV. Luckily they are also much easier to treat!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
All symptoms...now Woo Hoo (please post, and please read if you are worried well)
Next
suicide

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.