Re: Desperate....need advise

Dr. Bob, Thanks for answering my question from 11 jan. Just one quick follow up question. I go to get my 3 month HIV and HCV test next week. My doctor says both are definitive at the 3 month mark. I understand my HIV test should be definitive, but most of my on-line research has led me to believe a 3 month HCV is not. Most literature I read states HCV testing at the 3 month mark is ~75% (about 75% infected have produced detectable antibodies) Is this accurate or would the 3 month mark be conclusive. I just got my tax return the other day and my $100 donation is on the way this weekend. I just had my last final today and need to unwind first. Than k you in advance for your reply. Cheers and be well.

Talk to your doctor about what type of hepatitis C screening test he is ordering. It is possible to screen for HCV with PCR 1-2 weeks after exposure. (The anti-HCV antibody test is about 90% accurate by the three-month mark in most studies.)

Thank you for your donation! I'll send my good-luck karma in return! Hope your finals went well and that you are enjoying your unwinding!

Best wishes
Desperate and alone - 1 year of fear