accuracy of repeated rapid HIV test

My ex-boyfriend and I were each tested for HIV recently with the rapid tests. I was tested with the rapid whole blood sample test and received a negative test result. He was tested with the oral sample rapid test and received a preliminary-positive test result. Another sample was taken from him to be sent to a lab to confirm the reactive test. He immediately went to another clinic where he was tested with a rapid whole blood sample test and received a negative result. Should he be worried that he could receive a confirmatory positive result when his sample is tested at the lab? Or does the second rapid test confirm that the first result must have been a false-positive? Also, can I be assured that I am definitely HIV-negative after my negative test result? It has been almost five months since I have had any sexual contact with the above-mentioned ex. It is also important to mention that neither of us had any sexual contact with anyone else during our five-year relationship, or since the break-up.

Should he be worried? No. All indications are that his confirmatory test will conclusively prove that his initial test was indeed a "false positive."

Can you be confident that your negative is a true negative? Absolutely!

AAAGGGHHHH!!!!
dear san francisco, you are promoted from dr to saint..