Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WHY ARE YOU SO POPULAR! WHY!!!!
Mar 22, 2007

Dr Robert J Frascino

You are like a celeb in this area, everyone i ask who to ask is always you, is funny i check the "ask the experts" section and i guess with your smile everyone likes to click on you, i know there are many question for you and is hard to answer some of the question but can you please answer my question or at least give me a very short answer as i am worry sick, and yes i did TRY to ask you for risk assement before and i know it is hard to reach you but hey i don't blame you, is like asking Mariah to answer her fan page.

Here is my risk:

I think i wipe too hard to my anal and maybe tear it, Maybe, i can feel something not right but i try using a white tower to push against where i think i tear it and did not see any blood. So a guy i met rim me (licking the area where i think i tear or hurt myself in the anus). What are the risk i can get hiv, i am having a flu after the 3rd day and now is feaking me out.

I guess my question is if he bite his tongue and somehow he has cut or sores in his mouth or tongue and i tear my anal, does hiv transmitt that easily?

Second question: I read about your bio and i think i read about the part how a needle accident hit you and that's why you have AIDS, so just one drop of blood can transmitt hiv....

Doctor, please answer me please please as i am a fan of yours....NOT ONLY A FAN, you are a person i respect and truely love....

I will donate rather you answer or not becuase i support you!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV risk is so remote that it's essentially nonexistent. There have been no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or getting rimmed.

Next, your "symptoms" three days after the incident would not be due to HIV. HIV-related symptoms would take weeks, not days, to show up.

Certainly if you are worried, get an HIV test at the three-month mark to put your fears permanently to rest. However, from what you've told me, I don't feel an HIV test is medically warranted.

My occupational exposure involved a deep, hollow-bore needlestick and laceration I sustained while performing a medical procedure on a patient with advanced-stage AIDS. Even with that significant blood-to-blood exposure, my risk of contracting HIV was only 1 in 300. Unfortunately, I just happened to be that lucky "one."

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Finally, why am I so popular? Perhaps because I'm the sex expert and sex is always a hot topic, right? Or maybe it's just my new cologne?

Dr. Bob

Previous
thanks..resident doctor who wished your arm around his neck.
Next
Can I test Neg after testung +

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.