Very interesting findings in Asia!

Hello Doc,

I was over in China last week for buisness and at the hotel they had condoms but also they had some form of condom that a man puts on his penis and then it will dissolve in 1-2 minutes offering protection against all STD's including HIV. Just wondering if you have ever heard of these, it was a manufactured in China. Don't worry I am not going to say I used one!! just thought I would let you know. also another quick note I read alot of people write in about China, Thailand etc.. and I must say you would find it very hard to find a person in either countries who doesn't know about HIV/AIDS, they are very well educated. I guess due to there past problems with the epidemic. Take care and keep up the good work and I will be heading to your town one of these days so I can personnally thank a man who 3 years ago made my life do a 180 in the right direction.

Condoms that dissolve in 1-2 minutes??? YIKES! Now there's an idea so profoundly idiotic Dubya could have thought it up! No, my friend, the dissolving condoms will not protect against STDs/HIV.

As for HIV/AIDS awareness around the world, yes, many countries have done a much better job than the United States in promoting HIV/AIDS awareness, education and prevention. Just take a read through the archives and you'll find ample evidence of that!

Be well. Stay well. Stay informed.

Strange But True
thanks..resident doctor who wished your arm around his neck.