Thank you Doctor, pass the Cocconut milk!

In a recent question to Robert J Franscino, MD there was a suggestion that Coconut Milk might be a precursor to helping ward off certain infections, primarilary HIV. Alhtough anyone having recently been diagnose with HIV should certainly consider approaching the traditional HIV regimine. And if engaging in risky behavior one certainly should seek testing options. However, for Mr. Franscino to condecendently convey is thoughts on the effects on Coconut without any further suggestion as to "maybe I should start drinking a Pina Colada", to his questioner, smacks in the face of many researchers that are currently discovering many components that are beneficial in Lipid forming viruses and bacteria, such as Johns Hopkins Medical institution which are currently finding benefits of Coconut Oil/Milk from the ingestion it that turns the substance to Molonarium, which is a potent anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-macrobial substance. To the many who are HIV positive and who are out of options for treatment due to resistance and such would benefit considerably from the positive effects of Coconut Oil as have I. I'm am not suggesting that anyone stop taking medications for HIV but rather, am suggesting that some may want to find other non-toxic and potentially helpful remedies to help with their condition. There has been numorous clinical reports by credible labratories and researchers that have found very promising results, ie: lowering of Viral Load, positive direct effects on Candida and others which are too many to mention here. Although the advise of Robert Fransicno, MD comes from a place of traditional practices that has been around for approximately 60 years, there certainly is evidence to suggest that other potential and helpful remedies may apply to those who would seek an alternative route for treatment if that is their decision. The 5,000 years of medicinal pratices and cures certainly give light on different approaches that may help those who can not tolerate or take traditional medication. Indeed just like some modern medication pose serious and life threatening effects, so do traditional medications like herbs and such. I would urge anyone trying to seek alternative approaches to consult their physician and do much research on anything that they may put into their bodies.

I've always said, Docotors only know so much. They are not the end all to everything within the medical field. Nor do they have the authority to suggest to anyone in an arrogant and condesendanly manner. Rather they may consider a tactful and respectful way of responding to persons questions and needs.

Obviously this was not a question, rather a comment on Robert J Fransicino's position in suggestion that thousands of years and current research on the componants found in Coconut are "poppycock" etc.

Hello Coconut Nut,

First off, my name is Frascino, not Franscino.

Next, I'm not discounting the "thousands of years and current research on the 'componants' found in coconut". Rather, I'm merely relating that claims of drinking coconut milk having shown scientific benefit for the treatment of HIV/AIDS are pure poppycock! Coconut milk is fine in Thai soup and Piña Coladas, but there is no credible evidence that it belongs in anyone's HAART regimen!

Now before you start getting indignant all over again, I should advise you that I would not be at all surprised to learn that coconut extract can indeed inhibit HIV in the test tube. So can loads of other stuff such as bleach, nail polish remover and laundry detergent. That does not mean we should start using these agents as HIV therapies! My job here is to promote scientific fact and common sense. Your coconut therapy for HIV is neither. It appears you were not pleased that I called coconut therapy poppycock. Perhaps if I called it balderdash you'd better understand point?

coconut oil delaying results/masking symptoms? Feb 13, 2007

I had risky sex with a person of unknown status. I didn't know about PEP at the time. I found out a few days later, but it was too late by then, and I was desperate to do something. I read on the internet (I know, I know) that grape juice is antiviral, and that HIV is sensitive to coconut milk/oil to the point that it can make viral levels undetectable in infected people. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I basically went on a grape juice and coconut diet for a month and a half. I'm still drinking a lot of coconut milk and taking a lot of immune boosting supplements like airborne and emergency, in addition to my regular multivitamin. Could any/all of this stuff be delaying my window period, or beresponsible for my lack of ARS symptoms? And is there any truth to the coconut business?

Dude, coconut milk??? Coconut milk???? Tell me you're kidding. Please tell me you're kidding! If that were true, don't you think I'd be sucking down a Piña Colada at this very moment???

"Immune boosting supplements like AIRBORNE and EMERGENCY" . . . . What???? Do you also believe in the bogey man, the tooth fairy and compassionate conservatives????

Dude, the grape juice, immune boosters and coconut business is pure poppycock, twaddle, balderdash and bunkum!

If you placed yourself at risk for HIV, you need an HIV test at the three-month mark, not a trip to the fruit stand and vitamin shop!

i am not selfish dr.bob
General