Thank you, and good luck karma!

Hi doc,

I have read your forum for many months, and you have helped me endlessly in many moments of despair, your responses to others have made me laugh, cry, and think long and hard about this awful epedemic as i go through my own scare...thank you for this wonderful site, and all the wonderful work you are doing! Is there anywhere online people can watch your concerts, i tried you tube and google video, and tried through your other website, i myself play, and would love to see one of these concerts.

Now to my question, I had a possible exposure to HIV last year when i stupidly had unprotected sex. I have had a whole load of symptoms that i'm scared are due to HIV, i had a test at three months, negative...have just had one taken at justover six months, (still have symptoms), and am terrified of what the result may be.

Just wanted to know if you see the result change often from three to six months in your practice?...Would also love some of that wonderful ood luck karma if you could send some!

Will be sure to let you know the result when i get it in a couple of weeks.

Much admiration, a very big fan of yours!

Thanks for your thanks and warm comments.

Our Concerted Effort concerts are not on YouTube or Google Video. We are currently in the process of a major overhaul of the Foundation's Web site. (Thanks to our volunteers and pro bono Web hosts!) The new site may well have a few clips from some of our events.

Without knowing more information about your "unprotected sex," it's difficult to comment specifically about HIV risk. (Unprotected sex can be anything from a quick blowjob to missionary position under-the-cover, lights-off vaginal sex to more adventuresome encounters involving farm animals, a trapeze and the entire Botswana soccer team.) In general, I would consider a three-month negative antibody test to be definitive, unless there were extenuating circumstances. I'll certainly send my good-luck karma! As for how often we see seroconversion between the three- and six-month tests, I can't even recall the last time it happened at the Frascino Medical Group!

Good luck!

GET TESTED!
i am not selfish dr.bob