Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

QTND with a twist that needs clarification
Mar 20, 2007

Hi Dr. Bob,

You often say that "a kiss is just a kiss", except in extenuating circumstances such as recent dental surgery. (See, I have gone looking for answers in the archives!) My problem is that I don't know how to define recent. Do you mean several days, several weeks, longer?

Here's my situation: I have just started dating someone who had a tooth extracted about a month ago (with several weeks of complications and pain). For my part, my gums sometimes bleed when I brush my teeth. With regard to deep kissing, does our situation qualify for extenuating circumstances, i.e. Count Dracula meets Count Draculina? If so, how many weeks post extraction should we wait to french kiss?

I'm a worrier, Dr. Bob (obviously). But I don't want to throw away what has the potential to be a good relationship if I'm being ridiculous! Please help me out. (This man is hot and, more importantly, nice!) My best wishes to you, sir.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

So you finally find a Mr. McHottie who is nice and you're wondering whether to kiss him, because he had a tooth extracted a month ago???? WOWZA! Sweetie, if you don't pucker up soon, you could be kissing Mr. Right goodbye! Yes, you're being ridiculous. If you don't believe me, just send McHottie over here and I'll kiss him, OK?

I do think you both need to spend a bit more time flossing and tending to your mouth issues, but that is in addition to some long overdue tonsil hockey, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
IM AN ENGLISH IDIOT!
Next
My Husband is infected with HiV and im negative but im scared to death please read my question doctor im very nervios and sad

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.