a close call in massage

Dr. Bob,

I admire the fact that you still staying strong and saving all of us from worries despite the recent situation. I have to first say thank you and I truely see you as a hero.

I have a quick question that has been bothering me for a while. During my last business trip to China I was taken to a massage parlor. The massage parlor is supposed to be legitimate with all the masseuses fully dressed.

During my massage the masseuse started to rub close to my groin/ buttock area. She didn't touch my genital at all but rubbed around it. But later she started to massage into my buttock, getting closer and closer to anus.

She didn't touch my anus at all during the massage but massaged inside of my butttock ( butt crack). I felt uncomfortable and got up.

My question and worry is,could there be any risk of HIV transmission for massaging near the anus and genital, but not touching them? I felt really bad after the incident and hope you can help me to answer my worry. I even begin to be afraid of massage and any physical contact.

I know my question can be trivial compare to others but your words can help me getting my minds straight.

Thank you so much Dr. Bob. I truely see you as a hero. If possible I would love to get your autograph.

You are worried about contracting HIV, because a fully dressed masseuse massaged near your genitals and anus, but didn't touch either??? Hmmm . . . let me guess. You're a graduate of one of Bush's (in)famous abstinence-only sex-education programs, right??? If HIV were that easy to contract, don't you think it would have wiped out the entire planet long ago? (I mean just look at all the outright ass-kissing Gonzales, Rove and Rice do to Dubya and Scary Cheney and they don't have HIV!) Relax, Max, your HIV risk is completely nonexistent. I suggest you spend some time reviewing the information in the archives and on related links pertaining to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. You should find the information both enlightening and encouraging.

Finally, regarding my autograph, well, unfortunately it doesn't transmit well via cyberspace. You'll have to write to our foundation if you want the real thing! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Be well. Stay well.

Just a Quick Question
A worrier from across the pond - WILL DONATE