Should I test, AGAIN!

Doc, I'm sure you get tired of reading this from scared folks like us but thanks for all you do. You truly are a blessing to us.

I had a occupational expoisure (needle stick)and started PEP within hours. I did have and HIV test done at the time and it came back negative. About a month prior to the needle stick I proformed oral sex on a female on two occations and had a canker sore in my mouth at the time. I completed my PEP therapy and have tested hiv negative out to 6 months. About the same time I stated getting a sore on the tip of my tongue that come and goes about every 3 to 4 weeks. Its always in the same place and last for about 10 days. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning there is a white ring around it that goes away in a few hours. It is about the size of an eraser head and it is slick. I've gone to specialist and they "think" it is some type of virus and suggested if it keeps coming back to get it biopsid. I got scared that this might be hiv related so I had a 9 month test done, which was negative.

I'm at the 1 year mark (since needle stick expoisure)and the sore keeps coming back. I think this might be hiv related. Should I get tested again? Is it possible for PEP to delay hiv antibodies from producing therefore delaying a positive hiv test. I am very worried, please respond. Thanks.

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to nine months following PEP for an occupational "expoisure" are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted or recommended. No, PEP would not affect your negative HIV tests out to nine months! Whatever is causing your recurrent tongue sore, one thing is absolutely certain: It's not HIV! Stop worrying about a disease you could not possibly have!

More hope for a cure... or not...
Just a Quick Question