Sculptra update

I'm looking great after 2 years of Sculptra injections. Are you continuing to have good results from your Sculptra injections? How often do you go for touchups? Do you anticipate long-term results, or will this procedure be a lifelong challenge of touchups? Is there a support group for Sculptra patients?

Yes, I continue to be pleased with my personal results from Sculptra. I go for touchups when needed (rarely). What will happen long term? Who knows?!? Now that we know the thymidine analogue drugs are strong contributing factors to the development of lipoatrophy and most of us have been able to switch off these drugs, there is certainly hope that the progression of lipoatrophy will not only cease, but that there will actually be some reversal of the fat loss. Clinical studies have shown this is indeed occurring, albeit extremely slowly. So in the meantime, I guess we'll continue to visit "the Wizard on Park and 73rd." (That quote is for all you Chorus Line fans out there. The revival on Broadway is great, by the way.)

A support group for Sculptra clients? Not that I know of. But I'll bet if you did collect them up it would be one hot looking bunch of studmuffins!

By the way, I've also seen good results with the recently approved Radiesse (calcium hydroxylapatite), which, like Sculptra (polylactic acid) is a semi-permanent filler. Hopefully even better, less expensive products will eventually be developed and FDA approved.

Swiss Stud.Why am I still worried?
Desperate! Scared to death!