Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

snake oil salesman
Mar 17, 2007

you hiv professionals are just as bad as the snake oil salesmen. its the same problem - you state your opinions as fact and reject anything that hasn't been proven by the scientific method. but the scientific method isn't perfect, and is a manmade process, and can be extremely limited. and the main issue i have is that you guys insult our intelligence - you expect us to believe that politics and economics play no part in influencing what you tell us. do you think we're retarded? or are you just retarded? multi-billion dollar industry develops a conscience??? who are you, santa clause? you reject the idea of hyperthermia (im sure) because you would say it hasnt proved to benefit anyone. in reality, you have a responsibility to the drug companies to play ball and push their products. and by the way, hyperthermia has shown plenty of benefit in the few controlled studies of its application in america as of recent. but you'll never back a treatment that doesn't involve keeping you in business with galaxo smith-klein. because they're keeping white coat baboons like you rich. it's so eery the way you actually succeed in convincing so many people that there are snake oil salesmen, and then there are morally sound "doctors", who would never steer you wrong in the name of a buck. what a world we live in. you really can't trust anyone.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Uninformed Miserable Misanthrope,

No, I'm not Santa Claus and yes, I am a scientist. No, I don't reject anything that hasn't been proven by the scientific method. But I do reject things that have been studied by the scientific method and proven not to work! That would include hyperthermia to treat HIV/AIDS. Your claim that hyperthermia "has shown plenty of benefit in the few controlled studies of its application in America as of recent" is pure poppycock.

As for my being in business with GlaxoSmithKline, which in turn is "keeping white baboons like (me) rich", well, once again you're demonstrating your ignorance about a topic you do not understand. For the record, I volunteer my time here to educate those in need and to promote HIV/AIDS awareness. I do not wear white coats (never have) and I happen to be HIV positive. If hyperthermia really worked, don't you think I would be using it rather than swallowing 30 pills a day?

So Mr. Piss-Poor-Personality, if you want to jump in the oven and crank up the heat, be my guest. Just don't expect any reasonable or rationale HIVers to jump in with you. And hey, since you're such a fan of unproven, illogical, completely nonsensical potential HIV cures, why not throw yourself into the woodchipper as well???

Finally, as for us guys insulting your intelligence, well, all I can say is that with an intelligence level like yours, that certainly wouldn't be much of a challenge.

I would say "have a nice day," but I'm quite certain you won't. So I won't bother.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Just Wanted to Say Thank You
Next
Can I say Woo- Hooo (Yupi) ? This is Sebastian another time from Chile, I will donate for a second time.please respond I beg your answer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.