Gay Pornstar has questions...

Dr. Frascino,

I'm sure this is a first - a porn star on the message forum. No need to categorize myself, though. HIV is a concern for all of us, not just those who have sex for a living.

I am a bottom both on film and in my personal life. In porn, condom usage is mandatory; I incorporate condom usage in ALL instances for sex in my personal life.

I have become overly-consumed with my obsession of (possibly) catching HIV. As an active member in the gay community, I have met many, many, many people who are HIV+ and sadly feel as if I am riding on bought time; as if I am dodging the bullet, as my HIV+ friend would say.

I frequently find myself on this website reading peoples posts and trying to calm my nerves with your answers to other peoples situations and such. Clearly, this concern-turned-obsession has now taken over my life. Im not quite ready to leave the Adult Industry, but my mental breakdown is starting to get the best of me.

Please explain, in laymens terms, why I read so often, HIV is actually hard to catch. Also, why do some HIV counselors say, "A person can have sex with someone who is HIV+ numerous times and not get it." How is that possible?

Is the following statement No dicks in my ass without a condom = HIV negative or is it more complicated than that?

All the best,

Paranoid Porn star

Hey Paranoid Porn Star,

No, you certainly are not the first porn star to frequent this forum. In fact, the last one sent me a whole collection of his DVDs after I responded to his question! (Merely a suggestion . . . merely a suggestion . . . Ha!)

OK, so Porn Star, you want my explanation in layman's terms? Well, of course you do. After all, laying men is what it's all about, right?

I absolutely agree HIV is not all the easy to catch fortunately for everyone! Otherwise it would have wiped out the planet long ago, except for maybe those red state rightwing sex-phobic wingnuts. Why do we say HIV is difficult to acquire? Well, take a look at the statistics. Say you are giving a hot HIV-positive costar an unprotected blowjob and he pops his cork. Your estimated risk of contracting HIV is 1 in every 10,000 unprotected receptive blowjobs. Even for a porn star that equates to ingesting yards and yards and yards of tallywhacker and "loads" of money shots (so to speak). The estimated per-act statistical risk for commando (unprotected) receptive (bottom boy) back-door action (anal sex) is 5 per 1,000 exposures with a top gun confirmed to be HIV positive. Sure, someone could get infected from a single unprotected mattress mambo and yes it does happen that way, but the overall estimated statistical risk is much less than what most folks think. That doesn't mean you don't have to be careful and always use condoms, because obviously you do. After all, there are 40,000,000 of us currently infected! So there is no doubt that "manure occureth!" But, you shouldn't let your fears become an obsession or blow (pardon the pun) the true risk out of proportion!

As for condoms, dicks and asses, what's important to realize is that HIV can't permeate intact latex. No way. No how! So if condoms are used properly and do not fail, the HIV risk would be nonexistent, OK? Now about the DVD collection . . . kidding!... no I'm not. Yes I am well

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Insensitivity to Questions
Permission to WHOHoo? Vaccinations + TB test + lap dance