Exposure with an HIV+ partner

I have been in an relationship for several months with a person who had neglected to tell me he was HIV+. We have protected intercourse everytime. However, on several occasions the codom has broke before ejaculation. I am being tested now. How many times should I be tested and should I choose to remain in this relationship are there other prcations other than just a condom that could be used?

He neglected to tell you he was HIV positive???? Hmmm . . . well usually a little fact like that doesn't slip one's mind. So unless your studmuffin has severe Alzheimer's, we'd have to assume he deliberately kept this information from you. Say, does he happen to work for the Bush Administration? They are masters of deception and keeping the truth well hidden.

Your HIV risk is the same as unprotected sex. HIV testing would be recommended now and, if negative, again in three months. Since your partner is confirmed to be HIV positive, the CDC would also recommend one additional test at six months to confirm your negative status.

Regarding other precautions, please review the information in the archives under the magnetic couples, sexual HIV prevention and sexual HIV transmission sections.

health educator would like to say thanks
Are my Symptoms a sign of early HIV infection