Cincinnati sends condolences

Hello Doctor Bob,

I have been away from your site for awhile but now I am back and I recently read about the loss of your brother. I am deeply sadden by your loss. To you I give my most sincere and heartfelt condolences. If he was anything like you, he must have been a wonderful and extraordinary man like yourself. I will pray for you and your family. Cincinnati sends its deepest sympathy to you.

Also Doctor, I had a question really out of shear curiosity. I have read that saliva has an enzyme which neutralizes the HIV virus. First off, is that true? and if so, why can't that enzyme be isolated and used as a cure?

thanks

I love you Bob,

your friend William

Hi William,

Thanks for your condolences. Yes, Pete was very much like me in very many ways. I learned many things about living and dying from him. He is dearly missed.

Regarding your HIV question, yes, there is something in saliva that has anti-HIV properties. Active research is indeed underway to isolate the active compound to see if it can be used as an effective therapy. As for a "cure," that seems overly optimistic for this particular compound, based on what we know so far. Stay tuned to The Body. We'll keep you updated on this and all other pertinent evolving potential HIV therapies.

Be well, "Cincinnati Bill." I love you too buddy!

LITTLE MISS WORRIED WELL!!!!!!
re. Please Answer this time (Feb 14)