Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help I promis I will donate My Baby is Sick
Mar 13, 2007

Dear Doctor Bob,

Please answer this message; I am sure 100% that it is not in the forum.

I am 33 year old male, 2 and half years ago before I got married, I have received unprotected oral sex from a girl and found a bit of blood on my penis, after 2 days I had a low fever, a dry cough lasted for a week, and a diarrhea lasted for two weeks and rashes on my stomach area. After the exposure by two month I felt pain in my groin area, under the armpit and in my neck, I went to the doctor, he performed an ultra sound for my neck, the report was several swollen lymph nodes in the neck and the largest one size was 1.8 CM. After 3 month I took HIV 1&2 Elisa test and the test was negative, I took another test after 10 months and it came back negative, after 12 months I took HIV 1&2 test in a different hospital and it was negative.

Last year I tried to contact the girl whom I received oral sex at her work, and I was informed that she is in the hospital, further to my investigations about her, I found out that she has full blow Aids.

Till now I have persisting cervical swollen lymph nodes in my neck and they are on & off, every time I am stressed I feel it comes especially at night.

4 month ago my wife delivered a baby girl, my baby had oral thrush two times in the third month after birth and the doctor gave me Dactrine for the oral thrush and her neck is appears obviously swollen to everyone who see her.

My wife informed me today that since 5 month she feel pain in her neck, I took her to the doctor today, the doctor mentioned that she has swollen lymph nodes in the neck and need to have an ultra sound.

I am now in Saudi Arabia and I am very scared for testing, the country law will place me in prison and I will be deported. I need to travel to Lebanon for Viral load test and My sponsor in Saudi Arabia is not allowing me to travel with my family for no reason.

I am loosing sleep now and very scared of this situation.

My questions are:

1) What are HIV symptoms & Signs in babies less than 6 month?

2) Could it be that my body is not developing HIV antibodies after one year due to another or serious disease?

3) What are the statistics for 33 years of age of people who did not show positive after one year of exposure?

4) Could it be HIV Subgroup O and HIV Elisa test 1&2 not picking it up?

Please help me on this Dr. BOB.

Thank You

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your repeatedly negative HIV-1/2 tests are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Saudi Arabia will put you in prison and then deport you, if you test HIV positive??? Wow. Now there's an enlightened compassionate approach to managing HIV/AIDS! They should be ashamed of such draconian behavior!

Regarding your and your family's symptoms, I cannot diagnose the cause over the Internet; however, I can tell you with great assurance what's not causing these problems: It's not HIV! Follow up with your doctor as needed and stop worrying about a disease you could not possibly have.

Dr. Bob

Previous
is there such thing as HIV- carriers?
Next
Thank you, thank you.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.